|Title|| Curator, Digital Platform|
|About the Skoll Foundation|
The Skoll Foundation was established in 1999 by eBay’s first president, Jeff Skoll, who serves as the founder and chairman. The Skoll Foundation’s mission is to drive large-scale change by investing in, connecting and celebrating social entrepreneurs and the innovators who help them solve the world’s most pressing problems. Social entrepreneurs are proven leaders whose innovative approaches and solutions to social and environmental problems are helping to better the lives and circumstances of countless underserved or disadvantaged individuals and society overall. By identifying the people and their organizations already demonstrating impact around the world, the Skoll Foundation partners with them to accelerate their impact and fundamentally transform society.
Reporting to the Director of Knowledge and Networks, the Curator, Digital Platform has a hands-on, leadership role in developing the content and community platform for the Foundation. This role requires a strong doer with an ability to leverage the power of content, community and digital to accelerate progress in the social arena.
Digital objectives for the platform include:
- Facilitate a marketplace of high leverage content, community, solutions and ideas
- Create a trusted, collaborative hub for targeted, high value actors to connect and advance their work
- Create relevant, market facing channels that allows us to:
- extend our brand and ability to reach influencers globally
- Showcase evidence of impact
- Create value for the community at large
- Understand the strategy and programmatic drivers behind the Skoll Foundation’s mission to drive large scale change
- Partner with the Director, Knowledge and Networks to drive the strategy and evolution of a high impact digital platform that includes two high profile, market facing sites, a closed community hub and syndicated channels.
- Work with a cross-disciplinary team in the ongoing conception, design and implementation of aligned, digital offerings for all platform components
- Curate, aggregate, edit and distribute high value, influencer level content across a variety of formats including video, blogs, interviews and thought pieces.
- Solicit and edit contributions from world’s leading social entrepreneurs and other influencer audiences.
- Partner with other internal content contributors to optimize leverage, consistency and brand alignment of content and digital programs of the Foundation
- Manage ongoing stable of internal and external content contributors.
- Source opportunities for syndication, distribution and marketing of content offerings.
- Partner with Technology Lead in maintaining overall understanding of digital development processes, Web 2.0, data systems and evolving technologies.
- Manage overall platform budget and performance reporting for digital platform
|Qualifications and Abilities|
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Ability to translate business strategy into high impact, on-line approaches.
- Top notch writing, interviewing and editorial skills.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate Skoll’s vision and digital strategy to relevant audiences and potential partners.
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts and convey them in simple, meaningful, audience relevant language.
- Practice in capturing aggregated content in brief summaries, headlines and tweet worthy copy.
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively with diverse people and communities including high level actors in the business, social and government sectors.
- Ability to work well independently within a changing, multi-disciplinary team.[ environment, managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to persuade, inspire and motivate others and command the respect and attention of Skoll’s leadership and Board and external partners.
- High standards, integrity and a sense of humor!
- Domestic and international travel will be required.
- Proven ability to create content and provide timely curation under real-time deadlines
|Education and Experience|
The ideal candidate will have the following education and experience:
- International experience in the social sector, preferably within development, social entrepreneurship, social innovation market space.
- At least 5 years of professional experiences preferably in online media, journalism, or programmatic content development.
- Competency in language(s), in addition to English, is desirable.
|Compensation||A competitive compensation package will be commensurate with background.|
Send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify Curator, Digital Platform in the message subject line. The foundation will contact qualified applicants. In your cover letter please tell us how your specific experiences and accomplishments address our needs and mission. Deadline for Submission is January 31, 2012