As we head into the 6th week of the Skoll Social Entrepreneurs Challenge on CrowdRise, we wanted to give you an update on how the top organizations are leveraging their networks and coming up with creative ideas to raise funds.
The organizations that have raised the most—Center for Digital Inclusion, Pratham, Arzu, Half the Sky Foundation, International Bridges to Justice, and Root Capital—recently shared their tips on how to maximize donations to the Challenge:
• Get board members and advisory boards engaged—see if they can come up with strategies to raise awareness and raise funds.
• Encourage any expected donations to be made during the Challenge since the dollars will be leveraged.
• Have leaders reach out directly to potential donors. One social entrepreneur used her birthday as an outreach driver and got a great response.
• Email past donors, attendees from events and newsletter recipients. Create a direct message, highlight how funds will be used, and note the opportunity to leverage the $1 million Skoll Foundation match.
• Take advantage of in-person events—make a mention of the Challenge or email attendees afterwards with a link.
• Enlist fundraisers and personally reach out to them to set a fundraising goal. Some of the strategies fundraisers are using include auctioning off prizes per dollar amount raised, asking for donations in lieu of birthday presents, fundraising at events, and running a mile for every $100 raised.
For those of you that haven’t made a gift – we have only three more weeks to raise $1.5 million. Donate now so that you can stretch your donation even further with the Skoll Foundation’s $1 million match!
We’ve made it easy for you to donate to participating social entrepreneurs based on the issues they’re working on. Click on the organizations’ names below to go directly to their fundraising pages.
Amazon Conservation Team, BioRegional Development Group,Ecopeace, Forest Trends Association, Global Footprint Network,Telapak Indonesia
Afghan Institute of Learning, Child and Youth Finance, Barefoot College, Benetech, Camfed, College Summit, Fundacion Escuela Nueva, Half the Sky Foundation, ISDP-Pakistan, NCAT, Pratham,Room to Read, Sonidos de la Tierra, The Citizens Foundation,Youthbuild
Arzu, Building Markets, Center for Digital Inclusion, Digital Divide Data, Friends International, Gawad Kalinga, INJAZ Al-Arab,International Development Enterprises-India, Kashf Foundation,Landesa, Nidan, Proximity Designs, Root Capital,
APOPO, Basic Needs, Ciudad Saludable, Gram Vikas, Health Care without Harm, Mothers2Mothers, Riders for Health, Saude Crianca, Water for People, World Health Partners
Peace & Human Rights
Independent Diplomat, International Bridges to Justice,International Center for Transitional Justice, OneVoice, Roots of Peace, Search for Common Ground, Tostan, WITNESS, Visayan Forum Foundation
Ceres, FairTrade USA, GoodWeave, Verite